Are you a children's book author looking for a book review?
You've come to the right place!
How our system works:
A printed book must be submitted for consideration of a review, but only books that meet high quality standards will receive a written review.
1. What determines whether a book will receive a review? Books are evaluated based on quality of the story and illustrations - yes, this is subjective. Typos and other errors are definite show-stoppers.
2. Can we tell you before you send your book whether you will receive a review? No. The assessment is made on the printed book.
3. Will I get a bad review? No. We don't publish a negative reviews, but this is why our screening process is stringent.
4. Are books returned to the author? No. Books submitted for review are donated to local organizations, whether or not they received a review.
5. How will I know if I'm getting a review? Reviews will be published within one month of receipt of the book and a copy will be sent to you via email. If you don't hear from us within a month, your book was not selected for review.
6. What books are eligible? At this time, we are only considering picture books, up to 2,000 words.
7. Where will my review be published? Your review will be posted on the CurlyShirleyStorytime website, promoted on Curly Shirley Storytime Twitter, and be distributed in the monthly newsletter. Curly Shirley Storytime Facebook page posts will link to the review page on the website. Sharing the review within your own social media will ensure the greatest exposure.
8. Will you log your review on Amazon, Goodreads, BN.com, or other platforms? No, the book review is a free promotional service for the author as already defined.
Do you still want to submit your book?
Curly Shirley Storytime
10423 Hallmark Blvd.
Riverview, FL 33578
Be sure to include your email address with the book, so we can contact you, if necessary.